Filo Pumpkin Pie
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 roasted red pepper sliced
- 60g butter, melted
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 100g pancetta, torn into large pieces
- 100g feta, broken into large pieces
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 125g haloumi, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 15g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup small fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place pumpkin in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water. Cover. Steam for 15 minutes or until just tender. Add the broccoli to the steamer basket. Steam for 5 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp.
2. Lightly grease an ovenproof frying pan. Place the filo onto a clean work surface. Cover with a dry tea towel, then a damp tea towel (this prevents it from drying out). Brush 1 filo sheet with a little of the melted butter. Fold in half, crossways. Place in the pan, allowing it to overhang slightly. Repeat with remaining filo and melted butter, turning and overlapping each sheet slightly to line the pan completely.
3. Arrange the pumpkin, broccoli, pancetta and feta evenly over the filo. Pour over the egg mixture.
4. Fold the pastry over the filling to slightly enclose. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set and golden.
5. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat.
6. Add the haloumi and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the lemon juice and toss to coat.
7. Combine haloumi, rocket, parsley and shallot in a bowl. Top the frittata with a little haloumi salad. Serve with the remaining salad.
Some of my books...
- Superfoods, Superjuices, Superhealth
- Eat Well Live Longer
- Superfood Pocketbook
(100 Top Foods for Health)
- The Omega 3 Cookbook
Sign up for my e-mail newsletter:
"In this video, we will take you through a series of easy to follow and achievable steps. You too can safely and effectively lose weight as well as significantly increase energy levels".
MigraHerb® Feverfew capsules.
MigraHerb® is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the prevention of migraine headaches exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the label.
Lessens frequency and severity of migraine attacks
For people who have a doctor's diagnosis for this condition
MigraHerb® 30 one-a-day capsules.
» For more information visit www.migraherb.co.uk
De-stress and Energise!
Vitano® Rhodiola rosea tablets.
Vitano® is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of symptoms associated with stress, such as fatigue, exhaustion and mild anxiety, based on traditional use only. Always read the label.
Helps revive both mental and physical performance
Balances a hectic lifestyle... naturally!
Vitano® 30 tablets normally £13.27
NOW £10.60 - Save £2.67.
Multi-buy deal also available.
» For more information visit www.vitano.co.uk
NiteHerb® Valerian tablets.
NiteHerb® is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances due to symptoms of mild anxiety exclusively based on long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the label.
A natural solution to a good night's sleep
Wake up revived - not groggy!
NiteHerb® 30 tablets normally £6.12
NOW £3.00 - Save £3.12.
Multi-buy deal also available.
» For more information visit www.niteherb.co.uk